Short hike in Kathmandu with Himalayan view
All around the year
Sightseeing, Short Hike
Tour and Hike
Day 1 Arrival at Kathmandu: 1400m altitude: 30 minutes drive to Hotel
Day 2 Drive to Changunarayan: 1 & ½ hrs: Hike to Nagarkot (2175 m altitude): 3-4 hrs walk (B)
Day 3 Witness Sunrise early in the morning: Trek Nagarkot - Dhulikhel (1550 m): 5-6 hrs walks (B)
Day 4 Hike Dhulikhel - Namo Buddha (1750 m): 3-4 hrs of walk: Drive to Kathmandu (B)
Day 5 Departure (B)
1. Transport in Private car with A/C
• Airport transfers
• One full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
• Transfer to Changunarayan & trek to Nagarkot-Dhulikhel-Namobuddha
• Transfer from Namobuddha to Kathmandu
• Kathmandu (2N):
• Nagarkot (1N):
• Dhulikhel (1N):
• All breakfasts
• Representative from Aarya Village Travel for arrival & departure assistance
• Licensed holder mountain guide during trek
5. Taxes and Service Charges:
• All the applicable services charges, government taxes
1. International Airfare, Nepal VISA Fees ($30 per person), Excess baggage charge in Domestic flight, Travel Insurance
2. Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
3. All entrance fees during sightseeing
4. Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc
5. Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
6. Payment Transfer Charge
7. Hotels check out as per the hotel rules.
8. Any extra expenses incurred from flight cancellation or delay, sudden price escalations in hotels, transport, flight or any other items, any form of rescue
Upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu, you will be met by one of our representatives and then transferred to your hotel. As you enjoy your welcome drinks you will be briefed about your program. The rest of your day shall be at your leisure.
Your tour on the second day begins with the drive to Changunarayan Temple in Bhaktapur in a private car. The temple of Changunarayan dating back to the fourth century is enlisted to UNESCO World Heritage site. On reaching there, you will be able to observe a two-story pagoda-style temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu and surrounded by ancient carvings and statues. Having survived the devastating earthquake in 1702 and 2015 respectively, it is said to be the oldest Hindu temple still in use in the Kathmandu Valley today.
From there we walk towards Nagarkot, a beautiful hillside scenic spot with some exquisite hotels which may take us around 3 hours. The village is a vantage point for panoramic Himalayan scenery as well as unobstructed sunrise and sunset views. Furthermore, you will also be able to witness the captivating landscapes and the Kathmandu Valley. We stay overnight at Nagarkot.
As you wake up early in the morning, you will enjoy the sunrise view over the major eastern Himalayas from your hotel room; a spectacular sight of the mountains turning gold with the early morning rising sun's rays. Right after breakfast, we start our walk from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel passing through the captivating scenic landscape and across dense forests. On your way, you might be able to capture some stunning views of the Langtang Range, the Jugal Himal and other snow-capped peaks. We stay overnight at Dhulikhel.
Your hike starts after Breakfast as you continue to walk towards Namo Buddha for the next 3 hours. Located on slightly elevated land, it is a pleasant and out-of-the-way place. On this hike, passing through tiny villages, Buddhist stupas on the hilltops you will catch fantastic panoramic views of the mountains. On your way, you will see beautiful landscapes, dotted with terraced rice, mustard, and millet fields. After the Namobuddha monastery visit, we will drive to Kathmandu and it is around 3-4 hours' drive.
Approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight, a representative from Aarya Village Travel will transfer you to the airport for your onward Journey.