Langtang Valley and Gosaikunda Lake Trek
Duration: 13 Nights /14 Days
Max. Elevation: 5,000m/16,404ft (Tserko Ri)
Trek start/finish: start from Syabrubesi and end at Dhunche
Accommodation: Tea House Accommodation & Hotels in Kathmandu
Best Season: All around the year except the rainy season (June and July)
Group size: 1 to any group size
• Gosaikunda Lake – An alpine lake at
• Spectacular mountain scenery with up-close views of Langtang, Lirung (7,200m/23,622ft) range.
• Langtang National Park – Extremely divers landscapes with the most welcoming people
• Quaint villages and towns with culturally and ethnically diverse people.
• Kyangjin Gompa
• Trek through lush forests, quaint villages, abundant wildlife and astounding views of the majestic Himalayas
• Reach Gosaikunda which is a revered place of pilgrimage for both Buddhists and Hindus
• The water of Gosaikunda Lake is believed to have magical healing powers
13 Nights /14 Days
All around the year except the rainy season (June
Tea House Accommodation & Hotels in Kathmandu
Day 1 Kathmandu Arrival (1400m/4600ft) approx. 30 minutes’ drive
Day 2 Drive Kathmandu- Syabrubesi (1462m/4795ft) approx. 118 km & 7-8 hrs drive (B, L, D)
Day 3 Trek Syabrubesi- lama Hotel (2510m/8232ft) approx. 11km & 6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 4 Trek Lama Hotel- Langtang Village (3,430m/11,253ft) approx. 1okms: 5 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 5 Trek Langtang- Kanjing Gomba (3,870m/12,697ft) approx. 7kms: 4 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 6 Acclimatization: explore Tserko Ri (5,000m/16,404ft) approx. 15kms: 7-8 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 7 Trek Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2510m/8232ft) approx. 14kms: 6-7 hrs (B, L, D)
Day 8 Trek Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru Village (2210m/7248ft) approx. 13kms: 6-7 hrs (B, L, D)
Day 9 Trek Sybru Village to Sing Gompa (3210m/10528ft) approx. 7kms:4-5 hrs (B, L, D)
Day 10 Trek Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda (4380m14366ft) approx. 11kms: 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 11 Trek Gosaikunda to Sing Gumba (3210m/10528ft) approx. 11kms:4-5 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 12 Trek Sing Gumba- Dhunche (2030m/6660ft) approx. 13kms:5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 13 Drive Dhunche-Kathmandu: approx. 98 km & 6-7 hrs drive (B, L)
Day 14 Departure
1. Transport in private vehicle with a/c
• Arrival & Departure transfer
• Kathmandu-Syabrubesi and Dhunche- Kathmandu transfers
• Kathmandu (2Ns):
• Tea House Accommodation during trekking (11Ns)
• All breakfasts
• Lunch: all lunches during trekking
• Dinner: all dinners during trekking
4. Trekking Package:
• Tea House Accommodations, English Speaking License Holder Guide and all his expenses, all meals during trekking
• Representative from our company for arrival and departure transfer and an experienced English Speaking Guide licensed holder mountain guide during trekking
6. Taxes, Service Charges and permits:
• All the applicable services charges, government taxes, National Park Permit, TIMs card
Cost Excludes of above program:
1. International Airfare, Nepal VISA Fees ($30 per person), Excess baggage charge in Domestic flight, Travel Insurance
2. Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
3. Cost for Porter: who can carry maximum 25 kg of luggage
4. Meals not listed in the itinerary
5. Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc
6. Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
7. Payment Transfer Charge
8. Hotels check out as per the hotel rules.
9. Any extra expenses incurred from flight cancellation or delay, sudden price escalations in hotels, transport, flight or any other items, any form of rescue
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, one of our representatives from Aarya Village Travel shall meet, assist and transfer you to your hotel. You will enjoy welcome drinks while you will be briefed about your Nepal Travel Itinerary. The rest of the day will be at your leisure.
We start our second day of our Journey driving to Syabrubesi. The road is off road at some portions and therefore might be a bit bumpy. On the route you will pass many small villages and towns. You can also enjoy the scenery on the drive. Tonight we spend at Syabrubesi
Today we start trekking. Right after breakfast we head towards Lama Hotel waking past through Bamboo and Ramche crossing over a suspension bridge and heading precipitously along a stream. We walk past the Bhote Koshi River followed by a descending path alongside the bank of Langtang River until we reach Bamboo. We stop for lunch at Bamboo.
After lunch we head upwards to Ramche and from there to Lama Hotel. Passing through oak, rhododendron and bamboo forests. Where, if you are lucky, you will see local wildlife. Overnight in Lama Hotel
After breakfast, the trek begins with a gradual uphill climb but the trail gradually gets steeper you trek further. You will get glimpses of the beautiful Langtang, Lirung and other snow-covered peaks that start appearing in the distance. We stop for the day’s lunch at Ghoda Tabela. After lunch we reach the beautiful valley of Langtang and Langtang Village. A picturesque village with beautiful homes where you will see Yak’s grazing. You will also see Mani (Stones inscribed with Tibet Buddhist scripture), chortens (religious monuments) and prayer flags waving in the breeze.
The trail from Langtang to Kanjing is level and easy, it will take you approximately 4 hours, depending on traffic, … just kidding there is no traffic here. Situated in the Beautiful village of Kanjing is the Kanjing Gompa (monastery). Kyanjin is also known for the spectacular views it offers visitors. If you do come across a particular smell here, it may be because someone is cutting the cheese, yes, really. You will be surprised to see (and visit) a Yak cheese factory here, it was built with the aid of the Swiss Government. Also more astonishing, is seeing the Snow Leopard, as Kyanjin is a protected are for the snow leopard, there are chances you might sight one here.
Acclimatization is a necessary part of trekking to high altitudes. Our bodies react differently at higher altitudes, therefore today we will send the day at Tserko Ri exploring the area. Early in the morning we head out thorough meadows and pastures where you will see Yak grazing. We then ascend to Tserko Ri where the sunrise view is stunning. We then head back to Kyangjin Gompa at a leisurely pace, visit the famous monastery and enjoy the breathtaking views of the mountains and bird life.
Today will be a comfortable downhill walk back to Lama Hotel. We pass peaceful forests with their leaves rustling in the wind along the way. We also come across beautiful Villages inhabited by Tamang people. All through the trek you will enjoy stunning views of the Himalayas. Overnight at Lama Hotel.
From Lama Hotel the trail descends till Paira Lodge. The trail passes through rhododendron and bamboo forests, where you might catch a glimpse of different species of birds and wild boar.
Again, all onlong the trail you will get picture-perfect views of the Himalayas.
As we navigate through forests of Oak, Hemlock and Fir we pass village schools and Gompas. The trail also offers spectacular views of Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal and other peaks. We pass Durasang at 2660m as our trail gradually descends to Sing Gompa where you can visit the monastery and Yak cheese factory.
After breakfast, we head out on our trail which is a gradual uphill to Laurebina Yak at 3920m. From here you the panoramic views of the Nepal and Tibetan mountains are breathtaking. You can view Langtang Lirung 7727mtrs, Ganesh Himal Range, Paldor Peak 5903mtrs, Dhoreje Lakpa 6966mtrs, Manaslu 8163mtrs, and Annapurna range in distance. Onward we pass a small temple with the statue of Sakyamuni. You will also see Saraswati kunda and Bhairav Kunda and reach to Gosaikunda
We explore Gosaikunda Lake early morning. The lake is a sacred holy lake at 4380m above sea level. This serene lake with its blue waters and stunning Himalayan views all around is a sight-for-sore-eyes. After Breakfast trek back to Sing Gumba via Chandanbari. Overnight at Sing Gumba
Our trek today will last for around six hours. Passing through pine, silver oak and rhododendron forests. We reach the Sing Gompa stream which we cross on a suspension bridge. We pass through quaint settlements and mineral water factories along the route which is relatively flat. We spend the night at Dhunche at a lodge.
Alas, our trek has ended. Today after breakfast we drive back to Kathmandu.
Once you arrive at the bustling capital, a far cry from the peaceful trails you traversed, you will check into your hotel for some well-deserved rest and relaxation. You can also spend the day doing some shopping or visit some of the places you missed earlier.
Approximately 3 hours before your departure time drive to airport and depart to your home company.