Highlights of Nepal Tour (The Best of Nepal)
7 N/8 D
All around the year
Sightseeing, Sunrise view, Mountain view, Boating, Hiking, Jungle safari
Get 20% Discount
Day 1 Arrival at Kathmandu: 1400m altitude: 30 minutes drive to Hotel
Day 2 Sightseeing at UNESCO Heritage Sites: Patan Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath Temple, Aarati: evening ritual (B) Duration: 8 to 9 hours
Day 3 Kathmandu – Pokhara: 900m altitude, 210 km & approx. 6 hrs drive (B)
Day 4 Sunrise view from Kau Danda (1444m): Sightseeing at Pokhara city, later Boating & short hike to World Peace Pagoda: 7-8 hrs (B)
Day 5 Drive Pokhara to Chitwan: 150km; approx. 4 hours drive: Go for jungle activities after lunch (B, L, D)
Day 6 Full day jungle activities at Chitwan National Park (B, L, D)
Day 7 Chitwan-Kathmandu: 175 km & approx. 5-6 hours drive: Rickshaw ride at Old Kathmandu Durbar area: 2 hours (B)
Day 8 Departure (B)
Transport in Private car with A/C
• Airport transfers
• One full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
• Evening Aarati at Pashupatinath Temple
• Kathmandu-Pokhara-Chitwan-Kathmandu in private car
• Kau Danda sunrise view tour
• Sightseeing at Pokhara city
• Boating & Hiking to World Peace Pagoda
• Rickshaw ride at Ason Bazaar/Indrachowk
2. Chitwan 2Nights/3Days Package:
• Village walk, Sundowner, Tharu cultural dance performance by villagers, Bird watching, Canoe ride, Jeep Safari, Nature/Jungle walk, Slide show presentation
• Kathmandu (3Ns)
• Pokhara (2Ns)
• Chitwan (2Ns)
• All breakfasts
• Lunch: 2 lunches in Chitwan
• Dinner: 2 dinners in Chitwan
• Representative from Aarya Village Travel for arrival & departure assistance
• English speaking guide during sightseeing in Kathmandu
• Local English speaking guide in Pokhara
• Naturalist Guide in Chitwan
6. Taxes and Service Charges:
• All the applicable services charges, government taxes, National Park Permit
1. International Airfare, Nepal VISA Fees ($30 per person), Excess baggage charge in Domestic flight, Travel Insurance
2. Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
3. All entrance fees during sightseeing
4. Meals not listed in the itinerary (Except in Chitwan which is on full board basis)
5. Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc
6. Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
7. Payment Transfer Charge
8. Hotels check out as per the hotel rules.
9. Any extra expenses incurred from flight cancellation or delay, sudden price escalations in hotels, transport, flight or any other items, any form of rescue
Upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu you will be met by one of our representatives and then transferred to your hotel. As you enjoy your welcome drinks you will be briefed about your program. The rest of your day shall be at your leisure.
After Breakfast start full day sightseeing at UNESCO Heritage sites; Sightseeing at Patan Durbar Square can be a very unique experience for visitors as they witness a distinct place for arts and architecture that is reflected on each temple, monument and palace building that were mostly built during the Malla period between the 16th to 18th centuries.
We will explore its unique Durbar Squares. In every corner & alley of Patan you can see Thangka painters, filling color to ancient Gods and Goddess on canvases, fine metal shops that offer Buddha’s exotic, handmade brass sculpture at very reasonable prices. You can taste local cuisine as well in Patan’s alleys.
Then onward, the tour is headed towards Swayambhunath- A Monkey Temple from where you can see the magnificent views of Kathmandu Valley. The stupa, a tribute to Buddhism, consists of a dome at the base representing the entire world. Painted eyes of Buddha represent wisdom and compassion. A curly symbol, symbolizing the nose represents the unity of all things existing in the world. Prayer wheels surround the whole dome. The evening views of Kathmandu valley and sunset from the hilltop will be a memorable experience for you.
From there, the tour is directed towards Boudhanath. This is one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites and is one of the most imposing landmarks in Kathmandu. It is the largest stupa in the Kathmandu Valley. The 36-meter-high stupa of Boudha is massive and dominates the skyline in the area, it is one of the largest unique structures in the world. With countless monasteries around it, Boudha is the center of Tibetan Buddhism in Nepal. From above, Boudhanath Stupa looks like a giant mandala, or diagram of the Buddhist cosmos and as in all Tibetan mandalas, four of the Dhyani Buddhas’ mark the cardinal points, with the fifth, Vairocana, enshrined in the center (in the white hemisphere of the stupa).
In the evening drive to Pashupatinath Temple, a famous, sacred Hindu temple dedicated to lord Shiva is located on the banks of the Bagmati River dating back to the 5th century. While the main temple interior is off limits to non-Hindus there is a lot to experience in the surrounding area. Legend says that whoever comes here to worship Shiva will be reborn as an animal. Pashupatinath is a considerable complex of temples, ashrams, with images and inscriptions dating back centuries.
Observe an Aarati (celebration with lights) at the Bank of Bagmati River. The ‘Aarati’ at the banks of Bagmati River on the eastern side of the temple draws people in hordes. This evening ritual with chanting of Vedic mantras, ringing of bells, burning of incense, and lighting of oil lamps, a band singing hymns in praise of god, playing of classical instruments, keep the people spellbound throughout.
Your journey today begins with a drive to Pokhara right after breakfast which may take approximately 6 hours of drive. Located 210 km west of Kathmandu, this beautiful lakeside city is a prime tourism destination in Nepal offering spellbinding and hypnotic natural beauty, stunning panoramic views of Himalayan peaks. The drive on the way itself is going to be an amazingly unique experience as you travel besides the mighty river with some strong current almost throughout your journey with scenic greenery on both sides of the road along with human settlements thick and thin at different places. After you reach Pokhara you check in to your hotel, get yourself refreshed and have some rest. During the evening you might enjoy walking along the bank of Phewa Lake, admiring the stunning reflection of the Fish Tail Peak over the bluish Phewa Lake water.
Sunrise view from Kau Danda (1444m): Sightseeing at Pokhara city, later Boating & short hike to World Peace Pagoda: 7-8 hrs (B)Early in the morning on your fourth day of the tour, you shall be taken for an excursion towards Kau danda hill so that you may be able to observe a beautiful sunrise view over the majestic mountain range. Situated at an altitude of 1442 m, Kau danda offers the magnificent view of Sunrise over Mt. Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Massif (weather permitting). After enjoying the beauty of nature, you may return to the hotel for breakfast.
Right after Breakfast, you shall start a half day sightseeing at famous sites like Bindhyabasini Temple, Gupteshwor Cave(popular for the different natural forms made from limestone deposits) and Devi’s Fall (which comes to its gushing best just before disappearing underground) followed by a short visit to Tibetan refugee camp.
Later that day you shall also enjoy boating at Phewa Lake for around 30 minutes followed by a short hike to the World Peace Pagoda which takes 25 minutes. Enjoy beautiful views of Pokhara city, Sarangkot hills and the Himalayas from Stupa. Shanti Stupa, as it is also known, was built as a symbol of peace. It is the first World Peace Pagoda in Nepal. The pagoda is 115 feet tall and 344 feet in diameter. The white pagoda has two tiers for tourists and religious visitors to circumambulate
After breakfast drive to Chitwan for around 4-5 hours. After checking in to the hotel and getting refreshed you will be briefed about full nature programs by our naturalist guide. Then we head on for activities,
• Guided tour to Tharu village (around an hour or depends on your interest)
• Walk on the bank of Rapti river
• Tharu cultural dance performance by villagers (one hour)
Wake-up call with a cup of hot tea or coffee. After breakfast go for
• Bird watching with naturalist guide (around an hour or depends on your interest)
• Canoe ride (half an hour), an opportunity to see 2 rare species of crocodiles; the Marsh Mugger and the only fish eating Gharial
• Jeep safari at National Park/Community forest (3-4 hours), you will have an opportunity to see four different kinds of deer, rhinoceros, monkeys, leopard, sloth bear, and the Royal Bengal Tiger
• Nature walk to see different floras and faunas in National Park (around an hour or depends on your interest)
• Slide show presentation by expert
After Breakfast drive back to Kathmandu for around 5-6 hours (depending on traffic). Check in at the hotel where you can freshen up and relax.
Experience and discover Kathmandu and its culture like a local on Rickshaw ride. Our guide will meet you to begin your rickshaw ride tour through the busy streets of the Thamel area. We will pass through handicrafts shops like pashmina shawls, Nepali carpets etc and merge onto a narrow alley full of local shops called Ason Bazaar, a popular vegetable and spice market and the oldest in Kathmandu, around 1000 years old. Finally we arrive at Durbar Square, filled with centuries-old temples, palaces and shrines that are sure to enchant you. Walk the square on foot and our guide will take you to the house of Living Goddess, Hanuman Dhoka Palace and you will also explore or hang out in one of the hippie-era shops on Freak Street. After your time here we will ride back to hotel on Rickshaw by the way of Indra Chowk where you can drink a cold and fresh Lassi.
Approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight a representative from Aarya Village Travel will transfer you to the airport for final departure to your home country.