Annapurna Gurung Trail
All around the year
Comfort lodges, Hotels
Day 1 Kathmandu - 1400m altitude / Drive duration: 30 minutes
Day 2 Fly Kathmandu – Pokhara (900m): 25 minutes / Drive to Nayapool (1100m) / Trek to Birethanti (1025m), Trek duration: 3-4 hours (B, L, D)
Day 3 Birentanthi - Ghandruk (2012m) / Trek duration: 4-5 hours, Distance: 17.8 km (B, L, D)
Day 4 Ghandruk - Landruk (1565 m) / Trek duration: 4-5 hours Distance: 10.1 km (B, L, D)
Day 5 Landruk - Majgaon(1400m) / Trek duration: 4 hours Distance: 7 km (B,L,D)
Day 6 Majgaon - Dhampus (1525m) / Trek duration: 4 -5 hours Distance: 22.4 km (B,L,D)
Day 7 Trek to Phedi (1130m) / Trek duration: 2 hours Distance: 4.3 km / Drive to Pokhara (Drive duration: 45 minutes)
Day 8 Fly Pokhara - Kathmandu (Flight Duration: 25 minutes) / Drive to Dwarika’s Hotel (7 minutes, Distance: 1.9 km) / Farewell Dinner at Krishnarpan
Day 9 Departure
1. Transport: Private Vehicle with a/c
• Airport transfers
• Kathmandu- Pokhara -Kathmandu in flight
• Pokhara-Nayapol and Phedi- Pokhara transfer
• Kathmandu (2Ns):
• Pokhara (1N):
• Birethanti (1N): Sanctuary Lodge (Ker N Downey property)
• Ghandruk (1N): Himalayan Lodge (Ker N Downey property)
• Landurk (1N): La Be Lodge (Ker N Downey property)
• Majgaun (1N): Gurung/Mala Lodge (Ker N Downey property)
• Dhampus (1N): Basanta Lodge (Ker N Downey property)
• All breakfasts
• Lunch: 6 lunches (during trekking)
• Dinner: 6 dinners (during trekking) and one farewell dinner at Krishnarpan Restaurant at Dwarika
4. Trekking package:
• Accommodation at Ker & Downy Hotel & Lodge, all meals, an experienced licensed holder trekking guide and all his expenses
5. Taxes, permits and Service Charges:
• All the applicable services charges, government taxes, ACAP permit and TIMs card
1. International Airfare, Nepal VISA Fees ($30 per person), Excess baggage charge in Domestic flight, Travel Insurance
2. Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
3. Meals not listed in the itinerary (Lunch and dinner except during trekking which is on full board basis)
4. Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc
5. Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
6. Payment Transfer Charge
7. Hotels check out as per the hotel rules.
8. Any extra expenses incurred from flight cancellation or delay, sudden price escalations in hotels, transport, flight or any other items, any form of rescue
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu and meet assists and transfer to the hotel by our representative. Welcome drinks on arrival and briefing of tour program by one of the representatives from Aarya Village Travel.
After breakfast fly to Pokhara (approximately 25 minutes). Pokhara is a remarkable place of natural beauty, situated at an altitude of 900m from sea level and 200km west of Kathmandu valley. Pokhara - the “City of Lakes” -also known as the gateway to the Himalayas, offers stunning views of the Himalayas and has several beautiful lakes including the most popular lake "Fewa Taal" where you can see the clear reflection of Fishtail Mountain on clear weather.
We further drive to Nayapool – 45km: 1 and ½ hour’s from Pokhara in a private vehicle. Walkthrough the lower foothills of Annapurna with surrounding views of Pokhara valley. After a short walk along the bank of Modi Khola, we reach Birethanti (1065m).
Birethanti is a small village about 45 kilometers from Pokhara. Bordered by the Modi Khola river, the village is the starting point or end of many treks in the region. Overnight at Sanctuary Lodge.
After breakfast, you will leave the lodge to start the trek through scattered small farms. Following the Modi Khola and with a constant view of Mt. Machhapuchhre ahead, you will soon climb the valley towards the mountains. Passing through the rice fields and forest, you will arrive at the Lodge at Ghandurk. Hot lunch will be ready in the dining room. Enjoy your lunch with spectacular views of Mt Annapurna, Mt Machapuchare, Mt Gangapurna, and Mt Hiunchuli. Ghandruk serves as a gateway to other popular trekking routes. Its inhabitants are of Gurung ethnicity are renowned for their convivial nature and bravery. Overnight at Himalayan Lodge
Leaving Ghandruk village, the trek descends sharply to the Modi River. Crossing a suspension bridge, we trek uphill to Landruk village with amazing views of the Annapurna range, here we pass through the cliffs where honey hunters climb up on the ropes to hunt the wild bee honey. Lunch will be ready as we arrive at our lodge. After lunch, you can either rest in your room or enjoy the spectacular views of the mountains or go on a sightseeing tour in the village with your guide. The Sunrise and sunset views from Landruk are exceptional, a peacefulness surrounds you here away from the commotion of city life. Overnight at La Bee Lodge
After breakfast, continue trek passing through the village and farmlands with views of Annapurnas at your back. An easy trek to Majgaon today, you reach lodge earlier. You can enjoy the views of the mountains from your room itself relaxing after the trek or spend your time at the garden. You can also take a short walk to the village. Overnight at Gurung/Mala Lodge
After breakfast, continue trek towards Patlekhet, a small village on the way towards Pothana where you stop. Pothana is another small village along the trek which is used by Tibetan traders to sell their souvenirs and gifts to the tourists trekking up and down the Annapurna Base Camp. As you reach a lodge in Dhampus, you get spectacular views of the entire Annapurna range. Once at the lodge you will be served hot lunch after which you can take a short walk into Dhampus village. Overnight at Basanta Lodge
After breakfast, we descend through the forested areas and terraced farmland to Phedi for around 2 hours. Our vehicle will be waiting for you to drive you back to Pokhara where you can check into your hotel for refreshment and relaxation. In the evening, enjoy walking along the bank of Phewa Lake, admiring the stunning reflection of the Fish Tail Peak in the calm blue waters of the lake. Overnight at Pokhara.
After Breakfast transfer to the airport and fly back to Kathmandu. It is around a 25-minute flight from Pokhara. Drive to Dwarika’s Hotel Check-in where you can rest and refresh yourself.
Later in the evening, enjoy a farewell Krishnarpan dinner at Dwarika’s, take a culinary journey through the fascinating terrains of Nepali cuisine. Serving the finest Nepali of Nepali flavors, Krishnarpan is a slow authentic dining experience reminiscent of the ritual feasts enjoyed by the Kathmandu Valley's Newari community.
Approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight a representative from Aarya Village Travel will transfer you to the airport for final departure to your home country.